About Me

My photo
Homer, NY, United States
Sarcastic, but loving single divorced mother to 6 beautiful sons. 5 here in my arms and one forever alive in my heart.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

10 Years From Now

I read THIS with tears in my eyes. It is so true, so true. As a mother of 5 boys, I am constantly trying to keep up with house work, laundry, cooking, dishes and baths. Thats not even mentioning the yard work, my homework, kids homework, and daily(minutly) squabbles I am having to break up. To say the least, I am a busy mother. In 10 years from now, however, it wont matter if my dishes were done directly after dinner. It wont matter if I vacuumed every day. It wont matter that I lost the argument every day for my children to actually keep sheets on their beds. It simply wont matter. What will matter most is the game nights we have together, the dinners I force them to sit down at the table and be sociable with each other, the walks we take, the love we shared. I am going to try to rememebr this more often when I get so upset that my house never stays clean for more than a minute, that the diaper bucket is full of dirty diapers the same day I have washed them, that the boys refuse to keep sheets on their beds. I will make a pact with myself right now, that in 10 years...it will not matter...will you make that pact with me??? Read THIS BLOG post. It really pulls at the heart strings and puts a reminder in this mommas life!!! Will you let it make a difference with yours???

No comments:

Post a Comment